Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Denver

We found the Fillmore Auditorium (site of the evening concert by Airborne Toxic Event) and then found a clean motel within an easy walk. We then walked to the 16th Street Mall. MK needed to work on a script for CPT so I left her happily writing away in an Irish Pub as I wandered the outdoor mall. It was a crisp clear day. Lots of people about. Not one to buy (or look at stuff to think about buying) I'd walked the length of the mall twice before I went back to bug MK.

We chatted a few and I had an Irish Coffee but that didn't begin to make me want to sit still. So off I went again. I am very glad I went because I discovered my favorite thing about this part of Denver (maybe all of Denver - I don't know). They have bikes for rent! You pay $6 for 24 hours and then you can use it for 30 minutes at a time for no additional fee ($1 if u keep it an hour etc ...). Anyway if you are interested in how it works read the details in the pic below.

MY point is I got to take a nice ride and see more ground than I did on foot (even made it to the REI store).

No comments: