Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pelješac


Next morning Tajci got up early and she and Ivanica went to pick up Stefica who had taken the over night bus from Zagreb.  They went shopping and had coffee while the boys and I sat around and wondered where they were and what we could eat!!

Off to the beach (five minute walk) after they came back.  Ivanica (nickname - means little Ivanna) is Tajci's best friend from childhood.

Her husband Goran is an awesome guy and a sportsman.  He has all the gear we all need to windsurf and is very generous in teaching us all (kids and Tajci learned last year while I was on the road with Scythian).

We hung out and then put Blais on a board for his first lesson.  Super cute!  I took a short turn at the end of the day.

I walked down and found "Anthony Boy Campground" and walked in and said hello to Maya.  I hadn't been here in approx six years (when we first met Maya).  After her initial shock she said "would you like a Nescafé?" (she says the same every time she arrive in MY office in Cincinnati).

She is great :)

Everyone retreats from the sun (and to eat and rest) from approx 2-4pm.  Stefica made tortellini and we feasted.   At Tajci's request we sat and talked after we ate and I didn't clear the table or quickly wash dishes ... Hard for me to sit still but she said SIT and so I SAT!  We chatted and chilled.  It is strange for me now because I can understand a little of the language.  Before I just sat with my thoughts.  But honestly I mostly just daydream and try to pick up the thread of conversation.

Back to the beach.  I got my turn to try to windsurf.  I tried for an hour or so last time I was here.  I didn't do terrible (Goran is a VERY positive "energy" person and a joy to learn from.)

Then we had a little party for Evan's birthday! 

There are six or eight couples and their kids in this group of friends.  The kids played and we sat and drank wine and travarica.  On TINY bottle lasted the entire evening.  Much singing and laughing ensued.  Big moon. Sea in the distance.  Mountain in the background - life is good.  Much love and good fellowship.

No comments: